Chapter 6, “Architecture and Infrastructure” pp. 143-150
Singh, M. (2018). Virtualization in Cloud Computing- a Study. 2018 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication Control and Networking (ICACCCN), 64. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1109/ICACCCN.2018.8748398
Verma, A., Malla, D., Choudhary, A. K., & Arora, V. (2019). A Detailed Study of Azure Platform & Its Cognitive Services. 2019 International Conference on Machine Learning, Big Data, Cloud and Parallel Computing (COMITCon), 129. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1109/COMITCon.2019.8862178
This week, you have read about server virtualization and cloud computing in chapter 6 of your textbook. For your written assignment this week, complete a case study of the organization you work for (use a hypothetical or “other” organization if more applicable) that will address the following prompts:
- • Describe the organization’s environment, and evaluate its preparedness for virtualization.
• Explain Microsoft (or another product) licensing for virtualized environments.
• Recommend a configuration for shared storage; make sure to discuss the need for high availability and redundancy for virtualization for the organization.
• Explain Windows Azure capabilities for virtual machines and managing a hybrid cloud, including Windows Azure’s Internet as a Service (IaaS) and storage capabilities
Make a recommendation for cloud computer use in the organization, including a justification for your recommendations.
Submit your midterm research paper as a single document. Your paper should meet the following requirements:
• Be approximately four to six pages in length (1200-1800 words), not including the required abstract, cover page and reference page.
• Follow APA6 guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
• Support your answers with the readings from the course and at least two scholarly journal articles to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook. The UC Library is a great place to find resources.
• Be clearly and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.