In order to complete this assignment, you need to first:
- read “Free Will Is Still Alive” by Carlo Filice (https://philosophynow.org/issues/124/Free_Will_Is_Still_Alive
- read “Freedom and Determinism,” chapter 10 of Dew & Gould
- read “Minds, Bodies, and Human Persons,” chapter 11 of Dew & Gould
If you have not done so, stop now to view and read that material.
For your thread, compare the three items by addressing all of the following questions:
- Which single challenge to free will is strongest in your view? (Give your reasons.)
- Which single defense of free will is strongest in your view? (Give your reasons.)
- Is free will an essential attribute of human personhood? (Give your reasons.)
Your thread should demonstrate that you have reviewed all three items, in a minimum of 350 words.
For your reply to a classmate’s thread, choose one of the following: