U2D1 – Reliable and Valid Program Evaluation
For this discussion, refer to your readings of Chapters 3 and 4 in Program Evaluation and Performance Measurement . Pay close attention to
question 5 on page 137.
Answer the following questions in your discussion post:
• What are the hallmarks of a reliable and valid evaluation that shows change over time?
◦ For example, how do you measure program effectiveness?
• Program Evaluation Life Cycle – read transcript
Use your Program Evaluation and Performance Measurement text to complete the following:
• Read Chapter 3.
◦ Pay attention to question 5 on page 137. The content this question addresses will be relevant for the first discussion in this unit.
• Read Chapter 4.
INTRODUCTION – Unit 2 – Program Evaluation: Quantitative Research Design
This unit continues your study of program evaluation. The activities will apply your new knowledge of research design to the evaluation of program
To successfully complete this learning unit, you will be expected to:
1. Explain strategies for measuring program effectiveness.
2. Understand variable level of measurement.
3. Explain the reliability and validity of measures.
4. Communicate through writing that is concise, balanced, and logically organized.